The functions of Directorate of CPC as per PCPA 2005 are as under:-
- To deal with Administrative, Financial and legal matters of Directorate of Consumer Protection Council / District Consumer Protection Councils (DCPCs) / District Consumer Courts (DCCs).
- To raise awareness among the consumers through electronic & print media, etc.
- To visit the Public & Private Organizations, Educational Institutions, Chambers of Commerce & Industries, NGOs etc. for awareness about the system.
- To provide legal assistance / guidance to general public for filing complaints before Authority / Consumer Court.
- To prepare development schemes.
- To propose amendments in PCPA, 2005 to make it more consumer’s friendly.
- To develop own website (which has been developed).